LE DOMAINE DES FINES CAILLOTTES
Our objective is to produce grapes with the best possible maturity in the most natural way possible:
- Reducing fertilizers in favour of those which are organic and of natural origin (manure).
- The pruned vine shoots are ground into the earth and mixed in with the soil during ploughing in order to return organic matter to the terroir.
- The pruning and management of the vines are carried out to spread out the vegetation as much as possible over a row of vines. In this way the clusters
are more aerated and receive more sun, which will result in much better maturity. Special attention is paid to controlling yields and to the ripening conditions.
Green harvesting and leaf thinning are therefore carried out according to each vintage.
Our adherence to sustainable development principles:
- Our approach is therefore TERRA VITIS certified for the respect of the environment, people and the wines produced. (since 2012)
- We are also certified HIGH ENVIRONMENTAL VALUE (H.V.E. level 3 - french certification) for the respect of biodiversity and the reduction of inputs (since 2019).
- This means less treatments, at a lower dose, preferring to use the most environmentally-friendly products, the programmed abandonment of weed killers and ensuring full traceability of our practices.
"Terra Vitis, is the stamp of French vinegrower-winemakers
who respect nature and Man and who craft wines to please the taste buds."